It’s March that means the return of all things green to menus across the United States. One green treat that seems to be everyone’s favorite, the limited edition Shamrock Shake from McDonald’s. The green drinks annual appearance begins sometime near the end of February and runs through March. So if you miss your chance this year or if it’s the middle of summer and you want the minty treat here is how you can make a copycat Shamrock Shake at home.
Copycat Shamrock Shake
- 3 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 c. heavy cream (or milk)
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 6-8 drops of green food coloring (to desired color)
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Mix all ingredients except whipped cream and cherry into blender and process until completely smooth. Pour into a glass.
- Top with whipped cream and cherry before enjoying or sharing with a friend.