The Cleveland Metroparks toboggan chutes open on Friday in Strongsville, the day after Thanksgiving.
The pair of twin toboggan chutes sends riders down a 70-foot vertical drop along 700 feet of ice.
Riders reach speeds of up to 50 miles per hour, according to Metroparks officials. Each chute has a radar so riders can record their top speed.
Ohio’s tallest toboggan chutes are located at the Chalet in Mill Stream Run Reservation.
Know before you go & COVID-19 updates:
- The interior of The Chalet will remain closed to the public.
- Reservations are required for tobogganing, for the 2020-2021 season
- make a reservation online or call 440-572-9990
- The Chalet will operate this season with reduced capacity, using a reservation system.
- Guests are required to wear facial coverings during their visit. Facial coverings are not required for children under 6 years of age, or any individual who cannot wear a face-covering because of a medical condition, mental health condition, or developmental disability, or who is unable to remove the face covering without assistance, and any individual who should not wear face coverings under the CDC guidance. Face coverings are not required while patrons are dining at The Chalet. If a guest is not eating or socially distanced a face covering is required.
- Household members are permitted to ride on the same toboggan. Maximum of 4 riders per toboggan.
- Social distancing should be practiced between different households. Signage will assist with outdoor social distancing lines and one-way directional foot traffic.
- Guests should stay home if sick.
- All Riders must be 42” or taller and must wear gloves or mittens.
- For Daily Weather or Operation Updates Please call (440) 572-9990 and press option 6.
- Restrooms are available at a standalone building outside of The Chalet.
- Concessions will be available through a “to go” window.
Additional safety Precautions being added for the season:
- The Chalet will continue to follow guidelines and best practices from the state and CDC to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- The Chalet will open with reduced capacity.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations will be available on Chalet grounds.
- The Chalet grounds swing set will remain closed.
- The Chalet will frequently sanitize all high touch areas including, but not limited to, restrooms, doors and railings. Additionally, all Chalet employees are required to wear protective face coverings.
The chutes regular schedule is as follows:
- Fridays: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Sundays: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Daily admission rates:
- Adult (all-day ticket): $12
- Children 11 and Younger (all-day ticket): $10
- One-Ride Ticket: $6
Please check the website for Holiday Hours and group rates