You could go to Boney Fingers BBQ and buy yourself Pork Belly Tacos for $5.25 or you can make ’em yourself!
Boney Finger’s Pork Belly Tacos
Serve on Flour Tortillas stuffed with Smoked and Grilled Pork Belly, Spicy Aioli, Slaw, And Pico De Gallo.
Ingredients (Please read through the recipe before beginning):
- 1 to 2 Pound Pork Belly ( Skinless )
- Approx. 6 teaspoons of your favorite BBQ rub
- 4 Roma Tomato or choice of tomato
- Lime juice
- Fresh Cilantro
- Shredded slaw mix
- 1 Sweet onion
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Soft tortilla (corn or flour)
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees (If using a Smoker 215 to 225 degrees)
- Score the fat side of Pork Belly.
- Sprinkle the BBQ rub making sure to rub it into the Belly.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, reduce heat to 250 deg. And continue to cook for about an hour to hour and a half. Check for tenderness about 180 deg.
- Smoke for about 3 hours.
- Remove and cool in the refrigerator, wrap in plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Slice strips about ¼ inch thick (should look like bacon)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (rub into the slices on both sides) then sprinkle brown sugar on both sides and place in hot skillet to char on both sides. (will be very hot from the caramelized brown sugar and will burn)
- Dice up the Belly for use in a taco.
Pico De Gallo
- 4 Roma Tomato or choice of tomato Diced
- Fresh Cilantro fine chopped to your taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Lime juice
- pinch of salt to your taste
- Add all ingredients together and stir to incorporate flavors.
- This will top your tacos and takes about 5 min.
- 1 ½ cup Red wine vinegar.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large pinches of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- dash of pepper
- You may add onion, garlic or seasoning of choice.
- Whisk well before serving
- This will mix with slaw and takes about 5 min.
- Shredded slaw mix from your local grocer will save time.
- Add Thin slices of Sweet onion into the slaw mix.
- Drizzle with your Vinaigrette dressing and set to the side.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- You can add any of your favorite sauces or seasonings to give your mayonnaise a unique flavor.
- We use Peri-Peri sauce and this can be found at most higher end grocery stores such as Giant Eagle or Heinen’s.
- Peri Peri sauce has birds eye chili, lemon, lime, onion, and garlic and lends itself very nicely to flavors of this Pork Belly Taco.
- Spoon the Aioli onto your soft taco shells, add your diced pork belly, top with vinaigrette slaw and Pico.
Boney Fingers BBQ
401 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH. 44114
located inside the historic Cleveland Arcade
Also available on Uber Eats
Copyright 2018 Cle Weekend & WOIO. All rights reserved.